[Question #703319]: How to get Kdevelop to work properly

As mentioned in my previous question, I am going to use Kdevelop to write and debug my own constitutive model. In fact I already have an understanding of the basic framework of yade, but the Kdevelop I installed according to the tutorial does not work properly.

I've been using yade in Ubuntu 18.06 for the past two years. Whether I follow the ‘’sudo apt-get install kdevelop” command or directly download the packaged kdevelop.AppImage file on the official website, errors will occur. The code in the project I imported cannot find the existing library, and the terminal reports errors of "failed to parse translation unit" (although kdevelop will report a lot of errors, but I guess many can be ignored).

I tried a lot but couldn't solve it, so I guess it might be a version or dependency library issue. I installed ubuntu16.04 in vmware, and executed ''sudo apt-get install kdevelop' and things seemed to get better. The code can find its library, but the classes in some code files don't seem to be defined correctly (the code is absolutely correct, but Kdevelop doesn't seem to treat it as a class), so that their mutual references are still unrecognized.

Eventually I still want to be able to debug yade in Ubuntu 18.06. Can someone explain why? Do I have to install Kdevelop from source for it to work?

Thanks,
Yu