Baby! Week plan

Hi everyone.  We had our baby, Julia Marielle Poster, Saturday, April 30.  Pics are here, if you want to see them. http://flickr.com/gp/43757696@N00/88z2mg/

Francis, I'm CC'ing you just so you can know the state of the team, if you want/need to.

Friday I was supposed to wrap up Graham's work on bug 720147 by writing a test that exhibited the behavior that Graham described and verifying that Graham's work fixed the new test.  I think I did so, but someone needs to verify it, submit it for review, and land it.  This branch has my test (in the most recent commit) and Graham's: lp:~gary/launchpad/bug720147 .  Brad, maybe you could take it Monday; if not, please pass it on to someone.

Brad, as we've discussed, your other task for Monday, if possible, is to get a no-downtime deploy, make the malone-alpha team able to see all our changes (that is, have LOSAs change "malone.advanced-structural-subscriptions.enabled	team:yellow	15	on" to "malone.advanced-structural-subscriptions.enabled	team:malone-alpha	15	on"), have the Launchpad dev team part of malone-alpha, and announce on launchpad-dev that this team has all features turned on and is our last beta group for this week.  Because of the Wednesday downtime deploy, it may not be possible to do a no-downtime deploy tomorrow.  I suggest that you go ahead and do the rest of the plan anyway (that is, letting the LP team be beta testers), but if not, please ask Benji or someone else on the squad to do it Wednesday after the downtime deploy.

I hope that Stuart follows up on patch 2208-65-0 (see dev list discussion); if not, please, someone else look at it.

Here's squad availability for the week, as I understand it now.

Monday:
Benji and Brad

Tuesday:
Benji and Graham

Wednesday-Friday:
Benji, Graham and Danilo.

Benji, you are the one constant throughout this week.  Could you please work to find some kind of resolution on https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/772754 and confirmation that https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/772763 does not need to be addressed?  I expected it to be somewhat frustrating, TBH: availability of decision makers may be limited (in particular, Jono may not be back till Tuesday), and we don't have fantastic answers for these bugs.  Good luck. :-P

Someone needs to take responsibility for the Huw bugs (bugs 740631, 771239, and 771335).  Graham, perhaps you could take over the communication with Huw, and make sure that you, Benji, and Graham either implement what he suggests or decide to come up with your own solutions if you don't have anything from Huw by Wednesday?

Other than that, close bugs! :-)  If you run out of "High" bugs, FWIW medium bugs 771284, 771247, and 771282 annoyed me, and I recommend them, if you are looking for ideas.

Have a great week, and Brad, safe travels.  Talk to you all later.

Gary

Follow ups