Progress on mute stuff

Hey Danilo.

I'm cc'ing everyone else so they can see where we are.  Everyone else, if you have some spare cycles to help out, check in with Danilo or me to see if we can give you a branch to do.

I figured out what was going on with the mute UI, and did a spike to get it to work experimentally.  It turns out there were a number of changes that needed to be made.

The branch is lp:~gary/launchpad/bug-772763-remove-unmute-dialog

We have a mostly working spike (I was clicking around on https://bugs.launchpad.dev/firefox/+bug/1, fwiw).  I think we now need to redo it with tests, dividing it up into smaller branches.  In particular, there are some server changes that need to be made.  I think they can be tested simply.  These could be one or more server branches.  I wonder if the queries (in particular the also notified code) need to be made more performant.  Then again, they might need to be rethought more deeply for bug 772754.

Then we need a separate JS branch.  I'll probably try to do a very basic, minimal JS test, since we are probably going to trash so much of this JS code for bug 772754.

If you get done with your other task and want to take some of this tomorrow morning, feel free.  Maybe a first step would be to get my branch running and see if you agree with some of the UI decisions I made--or at least don't strongly disagree, since we are on a timetable.  I'll jump in when I get going, though tomorrow is my call day, so my availability will be somewhat limited.

Gary

Follow ups