Re: Bug 775691

Ok, so it seems this is not a big issue after all (not a small one, but
not as bad as I was afraid it could be).

The implementation is a bit broken (understandably so, because our
privilege system is a bit broken): I, as a LP translation admin have
access to translate both Ubuntu and upstream sides of translations, but
sharing is not aware of that and it only checks for translation group
membership (it doesn't check if a person has launchpad.Edit on
appropriate contexts).

Another big confusion that resulted in this is that the migration seems
to have never been done for cases like these.  I can understand that it
was hard, and that there are ways around it (ask projects to export
translations from Ubuntu, then import them), but it would have been much
better if it happened at least in the simplest of cases ("upstream
empty, Ubuntu has something").

Ideally, this script would be provided, but I'll first check how many
projects are actually affected (and how many translations in each of
them) before David and I make a final call of the 'criticalness' of the
bug.

Cheers,
Danilo