zeitgeist team mailing list archive

Time pressure

Hey guys here my quick take on why we are under time pressure:
1) We need to show GNOME that we have been coming forward and not standing
still after the 0.2.1 release
2) We need to get 0.3 rolling quickly since alot of projects are starting to
depend on the API of 0.2 and incase we want to break it should happen now!
3) Keep up the momentum
4) We can take a big break afterwards :P
5) Teamgeist and Docky want to fully depend on Zeitgeist thus we should meet
them halfway (You might think why care if they want us they should stay with
out momentum, but this is a wrong approach, especially if teamgeist is
being developed by Collabora which will guarantee us alot of success if we
make it (if we don't they have the manpower to rework zeitgeist from scratch
making us redundant. Plus Docky is one of the most used apps on GNOME which
will give us a prestige, they don't need us but we have the honor of them
wanting to depend on us)
6) tackle open issues and narrow down problems for the hackfest

Tell me if u dont like my points but they do put us or at least me under the
impression of time pressure.
Cheers
Seif

Follow ups