Re: Upgrade problem

Hi Raphael,

Raphael Hertzog wrote:
Olivier Berger reported some upgrade problems from older version of Zim
(and I also had the problem, I remember that I had to tweak the
configuration so that my notebook worked again):
Do you plan to fix this? Shall I open a Launchpad bug?

Or should we simply document the problem and expect users to work around
it? (It's too late for Debian Lenny anyway, unless you provide a fix based
on version 0.25 which is in lenny :-|)

I remember looking at this one a while back, but could not find the problem back then. Now tested with 0.24, 0.25 and 0.26 and I can not reproduce the reported behavior based on the "notebook.zim" given. My guess is that either his "notebook.list" (or "repositories.list") was corrupted or there was a bug in the backwards compatibility code for those files.

In either case it will not be productive to chase it in my opinion, unless you expect many users migrating from releases before 0.24 at this time. Of course if any show up I'm more then willing to talk them trough the manual fix.