Re: Discover Getting Thing Gnome and Zim, potential for collaboration

Hello Raphael,

It would be wonderful to have a collaboration but I don't really
understand your point as Zim seems to be a complete different kind of
software (at least to me). Do you have a specific idea on how projects
could collaborate ?

I understand that there's a need to convert a task to a note when the task
is done but you want to keep the information.

I've played with that but the integration in GTG was not good enough for
0.1. You can try it by adding the line "experimental_notes = True" in your
.config/gtg/gtg.conf

I would be very happy to discuss your ideas but can you be more specific ?
Ideally, can you post a feature request for each specific thing you want
to change in GTG ? Please take the time to really describe what you "see",
mockup or patches would help a lot.

Also, keep in mind that we are not familiar with Zim nor ThinkingRock.

Thanks for the input

PS : what might be of interest is that we plan to support "backends".
Those backends could be of different types : "readwrite, import, export".
Readwrite backends are those used by default. Import will take some tasks
from a given source and put them in your default readwrite backend. Export
will take some tasks (all or only those with a given tag) from your
readwrite backend and put them "somewhere" where "somewhere" could be Zim.