Re: Perl Zim EOL?

Dotan Cohen wrote:
Because hacking is what is done on Perl. The python is being _coded_. :)

Keep in mind that the current version is one big hack - just me doing a quick fix to accommodate my own work flow, and another quick fix, and another ... Reason for the re-write is to implement some of the lessons I learned from maintaining my own code :S On the other hand I think it is perfectly possible to do such a cleanup in perl as well - reason for switching to python is another discussion.

Patches and hacks on the perl version *are* valuable as they can at least serve as proofs of concept on how a feature should look. The best ideas for new features are born as hacks. And I'm confident we can port any patch on the perl version to python if wanted.