Re: Discuss wish: Page templates

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 7:35 AM, Dotan Cohen<dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> The main design question for me is whether we should use a normal namespace
>> for this, or there a need to create "special" namespaces? I run into the
>> same question trying to implement a "move to garbage" feature - again the
>> garbage bin can be a regular namespace, but it could also be a special
>> namespace.
>>

> Special namespace, definitely. Those are special purpose pages, and
> should not be mixed in with the "regular" pages. Otherwise, the
> "regular" pages become the special case.

As described I think I know how to store these by using the "_" as a
folder prefix for special namespaces.

Then the next question is how to show these special namespaces in the
interface. Should they be part of the index tree or should they have
their own tree. If so, should both trees be visible in the side pane,
should they be switchable ? etc.

I can imagine to have a dropdown at the top of the side pane which
allows switching between "index" and "templates". Also "thrash" could
be in this dropdown as well as a view for "search". Alternatively this
could be done with vertical tabs along the side pane - but I feel that
might take up too much space.