Re: Let's ride the anti-tomboy wave!

> As discussed before I do not want to use a hidden directory by default. When
> we use a normal directory as default this might conflict with an existing
> directory of that name, so it becomes complex to define the right behavior.
> I like an application to leave me in control where my data goes.

We've been through that one and although I think that a hidden
directory would be best (Because Zim is used to manipulate the data,
not a file manager. Do you want your Firefox profile in a non-hidden
directory? Your Gnome settings?) I accept your decision as the project
developer. How about checking if a ~/Notes directory exists, if yes
checking if it is or Zim origin, and if yes using it. If not, then
either trying another sensible name (ZimNotes, maybe) or asking the
user to select a name.

> A wizard does not need to be complex. Maybe it should just say "Zim needs a
> folder to store your notes. Which folder do you want to use as your notebook
> ?" with a file selector and hide all the properties.

This would be good, but after Zim checks like I describe above.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il