Re: Online storage

El día Fri, 20 Nov 2009 11:18:01 +0100, Svenn Are Bjerkem
<svenn.bjerkem@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribía:

> I have been using Unison for syncing my zim notebooks (and also other
> work files) for a while. http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/.

	I used unison long time ago, but discarded it because of problems
similar to yours. Now I use Dropbox (http://www.dropbox.com), though it's
proprietary. It gives you transparent synchronization between boxes, it's
multiplatform (so you can use it with Windows or OSX) and can be used for
free with a 2GB account. If someone wants to try it, tell me; Dropbox has a
referral feature by which you can have 250MB more if a current user
invites you, and the current user (that'd be me) also earns 250MB more. It's
a viral way of introducing people to Dropbox :-)

	I'd like to have something that I could use like Dropbox, but with
Open Source software. The rsync-backed-storage-thingy is the piece that I'm
lacking. Using Conduit (http://live.gnome.org/Conduit) I can have transparent
synchronization using ssh, but as I said before, that's not very efficient.

--
        Roberto Suarez Soto                             Allenta Consulting
        robe@xxxxxxxxxxx                                   www.allenta.com