web front-end and Tomboy -> Zim converter

Hi all,

At the moment I'm using Tomboy but I want to switch to zim because it would offer me
more control over what I do(I'd also like to write some button that says
"synchronize with unison" because I'm using unison to sync my notes).
I'm interested in writing a web front-end to zim or porting my own(wrote something for notes in Django) to Perl.
Has anything been done in this direction ?

Thanks,
Stefan

PS: Is Zim still actively maintained and developed or is the whole projects switching to Python ?

Follow ups