Re: Separated window

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 2:33 PM, George De Bruin <sndchaser@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Jaap,
>
> I agree with everything you wrote, and in fact, just had an alternate idea
> that would (potentially) simplify the idea...  What about using a Tabbed
> interface instead?  The Tabs could replace the path bar (ie, be a different
> option for the path bar).  The ideas would be:

.. 8< ..

Not sure how a tabbed interface would feel. But it seems to be the de facto
standard if I look at other applications, even file browsers support tabs
nowadays.. I think you still want an option to look at two pages side by
side as well, so tabs would be alternative to separate window or a split
view. I guess once the work is done to allow multiple page views in paralel
all these options become rather straight forward.

All you say about saving state is true. Same goes for separate windows or
split screen, you want zim to remember it's state and open the smae pages
again when you open the notebook.

Btw. would not need to replace the path bar, the two can co-exist, or at
least we can leave it up to the customer to choose.