Re: Separated window

No, the pathbar isn't the same...it's a path or a history, not *specific*
documents that you want open.

The only way to get the kind of ability I want is to have the Index open,
but I don't really want that much screen used, nor do I want to navigate a
whole outline to switch between documents.

I was on-board with a multiple pane / window idea at first, but switched
when I thought about what I really needed was just the ability to have a few
specific files open and switch between them directly without having to do
some major navigation.

However, these ideas don't overlap with each other...both are useful in
different ways at different times.  The one place we do disagree, however,
is multiple windows versus a multiple document split view...  IMO - I try to
fight window clutter, so keeping the documents in a single window tends to
be best in my opinion...

At this point, however, I think Jaap probably wants to look at just getting
multiple documents open at the same time...so whatever interface he wants to
work on first should be his decision.  Once the internals are there, we can
hash out the interface portion.

George