Re: zim for maemo (N800-N810-N900 Nokia devices)

El Martes 16 Marzo 2010, escribió:
> On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 PM, Miguel Angel Alvarez <maacruz@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> > I'm porting pyzim for the Nokia N8x0-N900 tablets.
>
> Maybe you could publish a bazaar branch somewhere. You can either just
> share it on you website, or push it to launchpad. That way I can
> easily checkout the changes and merge them back into trunk when
> appropriate. Also this should allow you to keep track and merge
> upstream changes relatively painlessly.
The maemo garage page only provides svn or git, and I had already chosen svn.
I have never used launchpad, so I would need some guidance there. Otherwise,
I only could keep a local branch in my computer.

> I would be happy to support maemo in the main code base. But would
> need to study the details to see if there are any conflicts with
> functionality on other platforms.
That's ok, but I think you'll find no troubles in that regard. Platform is
detected and all specific code is wrapped in "if maemo:" conditionals. Most
of my changes, but a few trivial usability and general changes, fits there.
For the initial code import, would a patch against 0.44 be ok?

> P.S. your screenshots look really cool -- would like to have those on
> the main website at some point :)
Pick them whenever you want :)

Regards.
Miguel Angel
--
Don't see the world through a window, be open{source}minded, and be free :-)