Re: cherrytree

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 8:55 AM, nomnex <nomnex@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On the other hand it has some strong text features missing in Zim:
>
> - AUTOMATIC SYNTAX HIGHLIGHTING & Text tabulation & show line numbers
> (writing code snippet is a breeze)
> - Styles association (bold + italique, etc.)
> - Text-align:left | center | right
> - Table (quite elegant GUI table implementation)
> - Print to PDF, PF, SVF
> - Numbered list
> - Color background text
> - Color foreground text
>
> I am asking the same question as Pablo -- all technical or personal
> considerations aside -- since Zim/Cherrytree are both writing in python,
> can't each other get what's missing from the other?

For tables and printing I can have a look if the implementation in
cherrytree is suitable to copy.

For things like combining styles and text align the main limitation in
zim is how to encode these things in the wiki source format. When
using an XML source format it is easier to store such formatting. (But
keep in mind it will not be friendly to edit manually.)

Do I understand correctly that the syntax highlighting is limited to
special pages ? This could probably easily be done with a plugin
depending on gtksourceview.