Re: Using Zim within Dropbox or Ubuntu One

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Jaap Karssenberg
<jaap.karssenberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 8:29 AM, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I have put a zim notebook under a Dropbox directory. Unfortunately this
>> also includes the ".zim" directory containing files that are rewritten
>> very often and that I would prefer to not have synced needlessly hundreds
>> of times every day.
>>
>> Is there a way to tell Zim that this directory is somewhere else
>> outside of the Dropbox directory?
>>
>> Ideally it should be able to use ".cache/zim/notebook-home_rhertzog_Dropbox_Notes/"
>> like it already does for read-only directories AFAIU.
>>
>> It would be good to document this in the manual.
>
> In zim 0.2x the "slow fs" option was intended to do that. Need to fix
> that option for zim 0.4x and will rename it to something like "remote
> notebook" or "shared notebook".

Committed patch to trunk so we now have a checkbox "Shared Notebook"
in the properties dialog. This triggers ~/.cache to be used -- same as
for read-only notebooks. And I documented it in the manual.

Cheers!