Re: newbie here: info request (for import)

 Hi!
After a bit of python-learning, I wrote my script.
It nicely crawls a given subtree, and generates all the Zim-files in a common directory. Each file has the correct syntax (see example appended), with links to children&parents. I've still a point I dont understand concerning the ability of Zim to recognize my structure: 1) if I start zim by itself, it gives me this warning on the command line: "WARNING: Filesystem encoding is set to ASCII or Latin1, using UTF-8 instead", and a warning box with "Upgrade Notebook? This notebook was created by an older of version of zim...." 2) if I do as you suggest, zim --index . , I got 2 warnings on the command line: "WARNING: Filesystem encoding is set to ASCII or Latin1, using UTF-8 instead\nWARNING: This notebook needs to be upgraded to the latest data format", and when I start zim I have however the Upgrade Notebook? warning box.
So, I do not see the point of doing zim --index .
Also, what'sup with the encoding? They are plain text files, as you can see, e.g.:

$> cat campostela.txt
Wiki-Format: zim 0.4
Creation-Date: 2010-09-21T15:11:44.575864

====== /0ale/Archive/nastri/campostela ======
Created Tuesday 21 September 2010

PARENT NODES
[[nastri|/0ale/Archive/nastri]]

CHILDREN NODES
[[co67|/0ale/Archive/nastri/campostela/co67]]
[[co71|/0ale/Archive/nastri/campostela/co71]]
[[results|/0ale/Archive/nastri/campostela/results]]

thanks for any help...

alessandro