Re: newbie here: info request (for import)

Am Montag, den 20.09.2010, 16:51 +0200 schrieb Jaap Karssenberg:
> On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 11:04 AM, Alessandro Magni <magni@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Thank you for your help!
> >
> > I want to ask a further question, though I fear the answer will be no:
> > since the files we are mentioning should be one related to each folder, my
> > ideal situation would be to have one of those positioned at each folder.
> > I fear for now Zim keeps them instead positioned in one unique root folder -
> > there is some workaround possible?

I had the same problem here and I simply made 3 changes in
zim/stores/files.py

add at beginning of file:
import os

line 53:
old:
filepath = encode_filename(name)+'.txt' # FIXME hard coded extension
new:
filepath = encode_filename(name)+'.'+os.sep+'README.txt' # dirty hack

line 83:
old:
elif file.endswith('.txt'): # TODO: do not hard code extension
new:
elif file.endswith('.'+os.sep+'README.txt'): # dirty hack

Now  all my page contend is stored in the files "README.txt" in
directories named after the pages.

Maybe you will get Problems when renaming pages...

I tried to create my own zim/stores/filesindirs.py with a configurable
file name, but it looks like there is no way to tell zim to use the new
storage(?).

regards