Re: zim for mobile / smartphone

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 4:37 PM, João Santos <jmcs@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How hard would it be to implement Zim with python and a HTML interface, for
> example in the Scripting Layer for Android
> (https://code.google.com/p/android-scripting/wiki/UsingWebView)?

I'm afraid I'm not familiar enough with Android to judge what is
possible and what isn't.

One option if you do have python is to run the zim webserver and open
it with a webview or a standard browser.  (Note that currently the
code is not clean enough to do this without having at least glib
python bindings installed, but that can be fixed.)

Next step would be to add some javascript interface elements to make a
simple editable web based wiki based on zim. However I should point
out that there are other javascript based wikis readily available, so
not sure if it worth the effort. Main advantage I see is when you want
to share content between the phone and your computer (in which case
synchronization features become a must).