Re: Bounty for Tables Implementation

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 6:14 AM, Pablo Angulo <pablo.angulo@xxxxxx> wrote:

> El 16/12/10 08:25, Jaap Karssenberg escribió:
> > What it comes down to is that if tables will be mainly used to chart
> > data the treeview looks like a very nice option and it can do advanced
> > stuff out of the box. Big disadvantage is that it can not support text
> > formatting or flexible layout like merging cells. We could set format
> > per column though (including making a column link).
> +1 for treeview: I use zim for data, not presentation

+1 for me for treeview especially if it's easier.

To me Zim has always been about slightly rich text with hyperlinks, but
keeping it simple. These limitations force you to focus on your content
rather than twiddling with advanced layout features and failing to get any
work done.

If it's easier to do data tables that don't allow any text formatting within
them, go for it! If you need to do something harder, use another document
editor and attach it to Zim with a screenshot.