Re: Zim release planning

2011/8/25 François Boulogne <boulogne.f@xxxxxxxxx>

> Hi,
>
> This sounds like great news. Could you give me some precisions?
> >
> > After that release I'll have a look at refactoring the wiki parsing -
> > most likely using the pyparsing library. This will have two goals:
> > first is to start supporting inline objects (improving support for
> > images, formulas etc. as well as opening the way for new plugins like
> > an embedded sourceview),
> So, does it mean we can expect to write equations like $x=y$ directly?

Yes -- although I likely will go with "$$x=y$$" to keep in line with wiki
formatting.

Also latex formulas will be an exception. Other object will look more like
"{{object_type: ....}}".

> > second goal will be to make it easier to add other wiki dialects
> > (although I will not make those extensions myself immediately).
> And this, that we will have the choice of the markup language?

Yes, this should make it easier to add that choice, although I'm limiting my
own work to preparing the framework, not that actual language support.