Re: Proof of Concept markdown export for zim

Jaap (and all)

Finally got around to trying the proof-of-concept script.  Have to say
it worked beautifully.

I took my most complicated zim article, replete with special arrow
characters that I have mapped in zim, New Testament Greek words, and
most if not all of the formatting options available in zim.  First
experience after running the resulting markdown through pandoc to
generate html was marginal. Then, after realizing that --standalone
might be helpful (pandoc newbie here) - results were magnificent.

Only issue I had is concatenating sequential lines.  In zim I can use:

Here's a list:
* item 1
* item 2

but it comes out in the html as

Here's a list: * item 1 * item 2

Fix, of course, was to put a blank line between the line and the list.
Similar issue happens with any set of sequential lines.  I know this
is probably a tweak - or I can change my habits too for that matter.

Having the translation capability is very helpful.  I use Simplenote -
which reads markdown, so pasting the translated markup into Simplenote
gives me an on-line copy of any zim article I want.

Similarly, I like Instapaper for capturing web pages for reading, and
use Instafetch on my Android tablet to grab offline copies of the
same.  Turns out that I can send the html generated by pandoc to my
Instapaper account, and then I will have an offline version of the
rendered markup on my tablet as well.  This is handy for having
on-the-go access to rendered articles that I have written up in zim.

Great job Jaap - I know this is proof-of-concept - but it is already
"production quality" in my book.

- Kurt