Re: Making docroot easier to use

On 16 February 2012 10:31, Jaap Karssenberg <jaap.karssenberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 10:20 AM, <hansbkk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> I really prefer using the docroot functionality over having page-local
>> folders all over my filesystem, especially when most of my pages have only
>> one or two attachments and/or images.

> If I understand correctly, you would like an option to put new attachments
> in the document root instead of in the notebook itself. Is that a correct
> summary ?

Some better mechanism should be invented to relate documents stored in
the Document Root to whatever page a link to those documents. I never
used the Document Root after the attachment folders and the plugin was
introduced. An attachment folder has a natural link to the page it is
related to, so the need to create a link to it in the page is not
there. Stuff stored in Document Root may be related to any zim page,
and sooner or later one would like to reorganize Document Root for
better experience from the command line. That will break links all
over the place inside zim. Problem with zim is that it is not possible
to put it "on top" of an existing directory structure because zim used
to grab all .txt files for its own purpose.

--
Svenn