Re: Verbatim in page created via custom tools

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 9:57 AM, <hansbkk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 3:03 PM, Jaap Karssenberg <
> jaap.karssenberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Yes, at some point I will switch to consider text files with no headers
>> as unformatted attachments.
>>

> Does that mean there won't be any graphic rendering of markup of those
> files? IMO the user should have the option of not using headers at all, but
> still keep zim's full functionality.

Yes I guessed that is what you were goign at. But my question remains: why?

What is it that you try to accomplish for which the headers are a problem?
If there is no problem, I'm not going to change anything. If there is a
clear use case, maybe I can propose a different solution.

> Ideally (again IMO) zim would find a way of tracking such meta information
> without requiring it to be in the content, perhaps in hidden .zim folders
> like VCS systems, or ideally in the database.

By design Zim tracks all information in it's source files. The hidden
folder and the index database are only a cache to speed up operations. The
headers give information like creation time and modification time of the
page, in my opinion this is actual content that you do not want to loose
easily.