Re: Sharing images between notes?

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 1:54 PM, Svenn Bjerkem
<svenn.bjerkem@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-04-18 at 13:43 +0200, Yu wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I was wondering, if there is a convenient way to share images (or
>> other files) between different notes, that doesn't get broken, when
>> moving notes within the notebook or even the notebook to a different
>> location / device.
>> I know, there is the "Document root" feature, but as far as I
>> understand, its path is not relative to the notebook but global.
>
> I think the Document Root can be anything you want it to be. I have
> several zim wikis with their own Document root. Can be set in
> File->Properties.

Correct. And it is intended specific for this purpose. Idea is that
even when the document root is moved, you can update all links at once
just by changing the path in the properties dialog.

Typically it is an absolute path, not related to the notebook (e.g.
"~/Documents"). But as a special case, if you put the document root
below the notebook folder, the path will be stored relative to the
notebook.

-- Jaap