Re: Table of contents and view completed tasks

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 3:29 PM,  <hansbkk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 6:34 PM, Jaap Karssenberg
> <jaap.karssenberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> How about a combo box in the dialog that has the options:
>> * Actionable
>> * Open
>> * Closed
>> * All
>>
>> Where "Open" includes actionable tasks, and "All" means both open and
>> closed tasks.
>>
>> Or should we also distinguish tasks closed with OK (checked box) and
>> NOK (X box) ?
>

> I think it would be easy to make this overly complex; e.g. I personally I
> see no need for "All".

Well I can think of searching for all tasks with a given keyword and
then wanting an overview of what is already done vs what is still to
do. Having both open and closed tasks in one view can give such
overview.

> The current Task List simply displays "Open" correct? so that should be the
> default state when that window is activated.

In the latest version we differentiate between "open" and "actionable"
and there is a checkbox in the dialog to toggle between the two.

> What if the interface were simply a checkbox, first click changes to showing
> only OK, second click shows NOK, and the next brings it back to Open?

No, checkboxes can only have two states. If you need 3 or more states
it needs to be either a dropdown or a set of radio boxes. Since radio
boxes would take to much space in this interface I can only implement
it with a dropdown selection box ("combobox").