Re: Note-to-note linking: why I'm using Zim

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 11:48 PM, Simon Cox <simongcox@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What I'm talking about in terms of Zim: in each note in Zim I can put links
> to other notes, effectively tagging that note with the other note. I can
> then use the backlinks function to see what notes are "tagged" the other
> note.
>
> (What Zim still needs in order to be perfect regarding the criteria above:
>
> Prompting - as you begin to type a link (which is what I'm using as tags) a
> dropdown appears with matching notes. And for that dropdown to work with
> just the daughterest daughter e.g. you being to type apple and the following
> show up :Food:Fruit:Apple and :Companies:Apple

Try inserting a link with the "Insert Link" dialog (Control-L) and you
get autocomplete.

Autocomplete may not fully support your intended way of working,
patches with improvements are welcome.

> More advanced back-link based filtering - only show those note that backlink
> (i.e. are tagged) xxx AND yyy AND NOT zzz.)

You can do this with the Search dialog. Have a look at the manual for
the advanced search syntax.