Native Mac installer package

Dear list,

I was wondering what the effort would be to create an easy installer
for mac (dmg install)?

Willing to put time and effort into it but I would need some hints about
how difficult it would be? What the drawbacks are etc.

I am now running zim via macports/homebrew but I need to install
the XQuartz (the extra window manager you have to install know these days
because
Apple threw X out of Mountain Lion)

It would be more nice to have an installer so its better integrated into
Mac OS X.
(with an icon in the dock etc)

So just the question if somebody could guide me with some hints so I can do
a first attempt to get zim more integrated on Mac.

Thanks

Koen

Follow ups