Re: Native Mac installer package

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 2:57 PM, Koen van Besien
<koen.vanbesien@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I was wondering what the effort would be to create an easy installer
> for mac (dmg install)?
>
> Willing to put time and effort into it but I would need some hints about
> how difficult it would be? What the drawbacks are etc.
>
> I am now running zim via macports/homebrew but I need to install
> the XQuartz (the extra window manager you have to install know these days
> because
> Apple threw X out of Mountain Lion)
>
> It would be more nice to have an installer so its better integrated into Mac
> OS X.
> (with an icon in the dock etc)
>
> So just the question if somebody could guide me with some hints so I can do
> a first attempt to get zim more integrated on Mac.

I'm not a Mac user, but as far as I can see the main requirement is to
compile Gtk for Mac (seen reports a while back it should be possible,
consult the internet) and then compile pygtk bindings. Having that you
should be able to run zim without X.

If you succeed compiling those libraries and running zim natively,
packaging those libraries would be step 2. This is probably the easy
step.

Any Mac users who have experience with compiling / packaging here to comment?