How to compile a PDF from Zim?

I am attempting to export a complete Zim wiki as a linked,
self-contained PDF. I need it to generate a TOC at the beginning that
links to each (sub)page as a bookmark in the PDF file. Is this possible
from Zim (version 0.56)? I have exported the complete wiki as a LaTeX
report, but am unable to get it to render a linked PDF using pdflatex,
as the subpages are not included or correctly linked: "Unable to open
external link".

How can I make this work? And, while I'm at it, does anyone have a basic
stylesheet that will render the LaTeX in a visually helpful way, instead
of having cyan boxes around the links?

Thanks!

Follow ups