Re: Bug in 0.57? Empty space and "close" button above pane

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 1:07 AM, Jaap Karssenberg
<jaap.karssenberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is not a bug, with the new interaction model we must have a close
> button for each side pane. I admit it would be nicer to make it more
> compact, so I'm open to suggestions how to position the button better.
> Note that if you don't have a widget on top, the same space is used to
> put also the label of the side pane contents, so it is less redundant.

I understand.  I moved the calendar to the bottom and then the close
button was next to the tabs and didn't use any extra space.  But would
it be possible to just deactivate the panes through the View menu
instead of having the close button?  It doesn't seem to me that one
would be closing the panes very often, anyway.  Not to toss aside your
hard work... :)