Re: Zim Edit Questions

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 11:54 AM, Benjamin Trias
<jesuisbenjamin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I understand that Q2 and Q3 already are in feature requests.
>
> Regading Q1, I is there a way to automate the quote formating? For instance,
> markdowns use >.
> I would really like my quotes to have a different background that the rest
> of the text. I have seen there is a possibility to highlight in Zim, can
> this be used? Wikidot puts quotes into boxes. I'd like something similar.

Of course it is possible. But it is not something that is high on my
priority list. Before working at it I would at least need a full
proposal what formatting to use and a check that it doesn't conflict
with other formatting being used. Plus we would need output styles for
the export formats we support (html, latex, rest, markdown). If such a
proposal is worked out in detail, implementing is pretty straight
forward.

Btw. as a quick hack, you can modify the config file with style info
to give italic text a background color....