Zim, pandoc/markdown, and HTML

While appreciative of Zim's export capabilities, I'm still hoping it will move to a pandoc friendly format as its native format in time. I think that will be made easier given the next version of pandoc is supposed to support the colon-based multimarkdown metadata format (i.e., "author: Joseph), which Zim uses.

*Then* we could use pandoc to create the Web pages. What's the benefit of that? It opens up so much more functionality. For instance, I found myself wanting to embed a youtube video in a page, which is impossible with Zim. If Zim took the markdown/ReST philosophy of ignore (pass through) the HTML you don't know, yes, I would have the ugly embed tags in my zim window, but I'd have the video embedded in the resulting HTML if the export mechanism was based on pandoc!