Re: Zim version 0.59 released

> On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 10:10:10 +0100
> Jaap Karssenberg <jaap.karssenberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Did you check trash? If you pressed Delete at the wrong focus you may
> have deleted from within zim without notice. If trash is supported
> there is no deletion confirmation. (Although I have a TODO item to
> bring that back if there are sub pages.)

Effectively, I might have deleted the second level page in the index by
mistake (red node in the print-screen -- I am not good with ASCII art).
If I recall correctly, the structure was similar to the mind-map graph.

I don't like deletion confirmation. I always disable them. I can see
the ZIM pages I delete in the trash. It's enough. Unfortunately, My
drive is more than full. The rsync script runs every 12 hours, just
before I delete the trash... Et voila! I will review my backup options.

I installed Git, and "Giggle" a GUI GTK+. There is nice free resource
for beginner here: http://git-scm.com/book. Still, that's a lot of
reading for the basic usage to save different Zim versions. I am not
even sure if I can use Nano (largely enough to edit some .conf files,
and to write simple scripts) with GIT, or if I also need to learn .vim,
or emac. I will see that later.

--nomnex

--
nomnex <nomnex@xxxxxxxxx>