Re: Exporting a Section of Main Notebook And Merging of Notebooks

On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 3:34 AM, Jayesh Badwaik
<jayesh.badwaik90@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I generally have a main notebook in which I record all of my stuff.
> However, now I am taking a course with a friend, and I want to share
> only that course-related pages with my friend. So, is it possible to
> export a page and all its subpages and nothing else from the notebook?

Not at the moment, there is an open feature request to make this.

What you can do is simply copy the text files for that page to a new
folder. Open that folder as a new notebook and export it. Bit of a
work around but this way you get a HTML version of only that content.

> While exporting a single page, I have noticed that though the single
> page has been exported, the complete index also gets exported. I want
> the index only from the current page inwards pertaining to all the
> subpages. Is that possible?

Above work around will do this.

> If the above two things are not possible, then one of the ways I can
> carry my stuff is to create a special note book for the course and
> then merge it with my original notebook. In such cases, is such
> merging possible? If yes, how to do that?

Yes, this is the other way around from what I describe above. To merge
notebooks, simply copy the text files into the same folder and let zim
re-index the folder ("Update Index" in the Tools menu, or "zim

Hope this helps,