Re: Exporting or sharing a Section of Main Notebook

On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 11:56 AM, Paulo van Breugel
> I have a question about exporting or sharing a section of a notebook. A
> similar question was posted earlier
> ((https://lists.launchpad.net/zim-wiki/msg02194.html), with the suggestion
> to copy the sub-notebook to a new folder and create a notebook from that (I
> can't respond to that message as I wasn't subscribed yet).
>
> Let's say I have a notebook in folder 'Documents', which includes a section
> (a note with sub-notes) about a course I am doing (to keep the same example
> as the above mentioned email). So, I could copy the 'Coursework' folder and
> all its content to a new folder and turn that into a Zim notebook.
>
> Another option I tried, is to simply create a new notebook from the original
> folder 'Coursework'. In other words, I am creating a Zim notebook within a
> Zim notebook. Now I can share the Zim notebook with my colleagues (I am
> syncing and sharing it using Ubuntu One). The big advantage is that any
> changes are made (obviously) in both notebooks.
>
> It seems to work fine, but to be sure, could this potentially cause problems
> with either two notebooks?

In principle it should work. Only open issue is that zim does not
detect if an open page is being updated due to syncing. However it
will throw an error to prevent you from overwriting the new version.

In general zim shoudl be fine as long as the text files are
consistent. If due to some glitch the index goes out of sync, you can
always fix it by running "zim --index".