Re: Change editor for "Edit Source"

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 1:16 PM, Svenn Are Bjerkem
<svenn.bjerkem@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 8 February 2013 19:51, Steve Chadsey <schadsey@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> How do I specify the editor I want to be launched with Tools->Edit
>> Source?  I'm using XFCE if that makes any difference.
>>
> I'm Using LXDE on Debian/Sid.
>
> check
> .config/zim/preferences.conf:
>
> [GtkInterface]
> text_editor=xdg-open
>
> xdg-open is controlled by various mime types in
> .local/share/applications/mimeapps.list

Mine:

  text_editor=gvim

gvim is the editor I want.  "gedit" is what I'm getting.

Changing the pref to

  text_editor=xdg-open

(after closing zim) has no effect.  From the command line, using xdg-open
on a .txt file does launch gvim, so the mime setting should be good.

Setting the pref to the full path of vim also does not solve it.

Other ideas?

Thanks,
--
Steve Chadsey <schadsey@xxxxxxxxx>