Fwd: Change editor for "Edit Source"

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 7:51 PM, Steve Chadsey <schadsey@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm running zim 0.59 on Ubuntu 12.04.1.  Starting with the 0.57
> release, the editor that is selected for Tools->Edit Source is not the
> one I want.  Prior to 0.57, there was an "Applications" tab in the
> preferences dialog, in which I could specify my preferred text editor.
>  That is gone now.  Looking at the documentation, I see there is a
> reference to a "Configure Applications" dialog, but I don't see that
> option in any of the menus.
>
> How do I specify the editor I want to be launched with Tools->Edit
> Source?  I'm using XFCE if that makes any difference.

Do you have the default text editor set in the file browser ? (I
believe it is Thunar on XFCE)

If that does not help, just edit
"~/.local/share/applications/defaults.list" and add a line like:

  text/plain=gvim.desktop

That should turn gvim the default text editor for any application
using the XDG standards.

P.S. the advise Svenn gave applies for older version of zim but is no
longer true for the current version