Re: zim 5.9 and CPU load on win7

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 10:06 AM, Svenn Are Bjerkem <
svenn.bjerkem@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
> anybody noted a constant CPU load on win7 (or windows in general)?
> Task manager show that zim has a steady load of 13 and my laptop fan runs
> all the time.
> When running off the battery, zim will reduce expected battery life time
> from four hours to one and a half after running for a few minutes. Stopping
> zim, increases expected battery life time again after a while. No other
> serious applications are running while I do this experiment. I am doing no
> work in zim while observing this.
>
> I can't really remember if I had this high CPU load with previous versions
> of zim. If nobody else experience this, then there must be a problem with
> my install, otherwise I would like to learn how it is possible to reduce
> the CPU load.

I run on windows 7 all the time myself and definitely don't experience such
problems.

However I have heard of reports on other platforms where disabling the
Attachment Browser plugin would fix such a problem, you might give that a
shot. (Still don't know why that would fix it - might be due to gio polling
the file system...)