Re: Date/time issues

Where does debugging output go?

-----Original Message-----
From: Zim-wiki
[mailto:zim-wiki-bounces+cmedcoff=hotmail.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Jaap Karssenberg
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2013 2:47 PM
To: Alexander Bryan
Cc: Zim
Subject: Re: [Zim-wiki] Date/time issues

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 8:37 PM, Alexander Bryan <ambrya@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for your response, Jaap. Yes, but the same issue occurs with
> daily pages only without the "to." I don't think it's a bug with Zim,
> unless it's a compatibility issue with Macs. My suspicion is the
> problem lies in how I have installed python and/or Zim such that the
> strftime command in the Default.txt and Journal.txt templates are
> failing. Not sure how to test that though-I've never used python until 2
days ago!

You can do a quick check by running the following command in a terminal:

  $ python -c "import datetime; print
datetime.datetime.now().strftime('%c')"

If it prints a date to the terminal, the python module is working fine.

You can also try running "zim -D" to check for error logging in the debug
output.