Re: Newbie spell check

Here is the closest thing to an idiots guide I can offer.  This requires
running Zim from source.  I know this works with Zim 0.60 on Windows XP 32
bit and 64 bit but you must use 32 bit python.  I do not know if this
works for Windows 7.
1) Download and install the following.
python 2.6.6 (32 bit)
http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.6.6/python-2.6.6.msi
local copy: ./1 - python-2.6.6.msi
pyGTK-all-in-one GTK2.22
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binaries/win32/pygtk/2.22/pygtk-all-in-one-2.22.6.win32-py2.6.msi

local copy: ./2 - pygtk-all-in-one-2.22.6.win32-py2.6.msi
pyenchant-1.5.3
http://pypi.python.org/packages/any/p/pyenchant/pyenchant-1.5.3.win32.exe
local copy: ./3 - pyenchant-1.5.3.win32.exe
PyGTKSpell-2.25.3
http://gramps-project.org/wiki/images/f/ff/PyGTKSpell-2.25.3.win32-py2.6.zip

local copy: ./4 - PyGTKSpell-2.25.3.win32-py2.6.exe
2) Download and extract the latest zim src (June 2013, using 0.60, I
extracted to C:\Program Files (x86)\zim-0.60):
http://zim-wiki.org/downloads/zim-0.60.tar.gz
3) Create a copy of [zim_root]\zim.py and rename the copy to
[zim_root]\zim.pyw (the .pyw extension allows launching without a shell).
4) Do one of the following:
a) add the installed location of Enchant to the windows path. eg:
C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\enchant (this is my preferred option)
or
b) Edit [zim_root]\zim.pyw, add import enchant at the top with the other
imports
5) Start zim using [zim_root]\zim.pyw --standalone (January 2013, starting
with 0.58 the --standalone tag is required)

jigoatcher@xxxxxxxxx
Sent by: zim-wiki-bounces+nathan.king=daimler.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
07/02/2013 02:35 AM

zim-wiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[Zim-wiki] Newbie spell check

Hello
I have just recently found Zim-wiki and am really liking it - I am
thinking about moving form MyInfo to Zim as my information repository and
research database/tool. - However, the lack of a spell check is really
putting a block on this - I really need a spell check.
I cannot get it working though - I am on Windows 7 64bit [yeah I know!],
and I do not have a clue how to go about making the spellcheck work in
Zim.
the check box is dimmed out and 'gtkspell - failed' is in red under
Plugins> dependencies, in the preferences box.
Can you give me an idiots guide to getting it working [eg where do I
install the gtkspell files, and which of the many hundreds of aspell_gb
files do I need, and where do I put them, that kind of thing etc etc -
really basic stuff.
Sorry to be such a naïve pain
Post to     : zim-wiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx