Re: Can't use two times the same subtitle on a note: Is this intentional?

Yes, even though that new window is read-only, you can copy from it and
paste into the main editing pane.

I use windowing-management tools in Linux (devilspie2, wmctrl+quicktile) to
automate a 50/50 left-right split, the RO window temporarily obscuring my
nav pane on the left.

I reckon having two editing panes open at the same time could be complex to
code safely.