Re: Restart for changes (Web Server Crashes - no)

On 02/18/2015 09:32 PM, WEHLER Andreas wrote:
Hi.

Web server has to be restarted for changes. You cannot watch some
editor typing in the keyboard with a remote web server ...

I don't need to see the actual editing, down to keystroke level, as in a remote desktop session. My use case at present is working in a conference room with no projector; I just want other people to be able to see the work in progress in their browsers, refreshed every few seconds or minutes.

Since Zim auto-saves on updates, would it be possible to flush the webserver's cache for a modified page as it does the save? Then the webserver would be as up to date as the disk image, which is more than enough for my use case.

I assume the webserver has some kind of cache, otherwise it couldn't serve the pre-saved version of a page, right? I don't image there are many users with high enough traffic on the zim webserver that clearing the cache would be a big problem. But it could also be made a preference.

Is this harder than I imagine it, or could it be a reasonable feature request?

TIA,

MikeM

Regards,

     Andreas