Re: Custom plugins installation

Dear All,

I have tried to adjust the plugin and tested on Window 8.1 and Linux Debian
(Jessie) with ZIM-Wiki version 0.63 (source) and Python 2.7. There was an
issue with the text variable passed and import of pydot module caused that
the plugin was not present on the list since it failed on import. The
plugin is available from a BUG page
https://bugs.launchpad.net/zim/+bug/1472408 as a file (suggested by Murat
Güven <https://launchpad.net/%7Emurat-gueven>), the plugin page has been
also updated with a link to the plugin.

It was slightly complicated to install the module pydot on Windows machine,
but easy_install utility limited the procedure to few lines:
Firstly I downloaded the installation script of easy_install from
https://bootstrap.pypa.io/ez_setup.py and executed with installed python
2.7 compiler. The installation script is described in more details on
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/setuptools. Secondly the dydot can be
installed by the following command:
C:\Python27\Scripts\easy_install.exe pydot

With Linux it was simple, the Debian repository provides python-pydot
package, which can be installed through command:
# apt-get install python-pydot

After all the ZIM-Wiki running from code should provide the treemap plugin
on the list of plugins and it should be possible to activate it as far as
dependencies are fulfilled.

Hope this helps.

All the best,
Jakub