Re: Delete Namespace

Dne 14.9.2015 v 13:04 Rolf Kleef napsal(a):
first time: create Archive:Foo
second time: create Archive:Foo:2015, perhaps move the first version to
Archive:Foo:2014

Although it starts to feel like a versioning plugin...

We're discussing here a nonstandard situation - how many times you recreate a re-archive a page? The versioning principle is a fallback. Usually you have Page A, Page B, Page A:Subpage A etc. There are no conflicts when moving them around, they have unique names.

Archiving is moving. In case there's an existing page in target namespace you are prompted what to do. Archiving function will decide for you - it'll create a time namespace. Renaming the page would break up the links.

My page is a client project. Subpages, folders, files (documents, images). When I close the project, I archive it. Later if there's another business with the same client, I create a page with the same [client] name. When archiving it, I don't want it to mix up with previous archived page with the same name. So the time name space is the solution. We don't change content, we create metadata. And I can see my work for the client in a chronological view.

--

Vlastimil Ott

www.e-ott.info
www.opensourceblog.cz