Re: Vertical arrow?

I don't think it's normal. If I open the same table, I only see 2-3
symbols as little squares with a code inside (the ones that my font
can't render). Have you tried choosing another font, such as Helvetica
or Arial Unicode (different than Arial)?

As for HTML codes, the steps are the same: backslash, then the code
for the HTML entity. For instance, if you want to put a "È" you write
\ E g r a v e ; (Not sure if this is what you asked for).

Marco Cevoli