Fwd: Vertical arrow?

I always get the same symbol list, no matter the font, although there
some fonts for which \ d o w n ; would not work.
I'm pretty sure this has to be related with running zim on a Mac.
I've found that there is a Character Viewer on the Mac that I
can use to insert symbols: ⬇︎↘︎⬅︎ but this does not work on zim
(also I have to use Ctrl-C to copy and Ctrl-V to paste while in zim instead of
the mac way, using cmd-c and cmd-v)

For the html codes I referred to those listed in
http://character-code.com/arrows-html-codes.php that you suggested.
Alternatively, is there a similar list for
using \ ? i.e. which would be the \ code for an oblique arrow?

Thanks

aloboaleu@xxxxxxxxx