High CPU usage on Windows

Hi,

Zim on Windows 8.1 and 10 (tested using the most recent binaries from
glump.net) seems to have quite high cpu usage during most keyboard
related operations such as inserting/pasting text or moving the
cursor. The easiest way to reproduce this is holding down the control
or alt modifier key while the cursor is positioned somewhere in the
note pane. So far I've not been able to reproduce this on my Linux
desktop.

Here's a screencast recorded on a dualcore notebook on Windows 10.
It's an older machine so your results might look different:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bh9lv57nnrzx745/zim-high-cpu.mp4?dl=0

Is anyone able to reproduce this or is this somehow just related to my setup?

Googling around I've found a similar bug report for HexChat's Windows
binaries on Windows 8+. As HexChat also uses GTK the issue might be
GTK related: https://github.com/hexchat/hexchat/issues/830

According to this bug report the issue doesn't seem to exist on
Windows 7. Unfortunately I don't have a Windows 7 installation around
to check whether the same is true for Zim.

Any hints on how to fix this are highly appreciated.

-- Daniel