Re: Zim Desktop Wiki 0.66 for Windows is ready to download

Brendan,

I downloaded the installer file of desktop version and tested it for virus infection in two different ways.

The first test was a local scan using Windows Defender that is installed in my machine (Win10 32-bit). The second test was an on-line scan with Kaspersky VirusDesk.

In both scans no trace of infection was found, but if I try to run the installer it is blocked by Windows Defender which informs the following:
Application: ZimDesktopWikiPortable_0.66.paf.exe
Supplier: Unknown Supplier

Maybe it is just a case of registering the software supplier in MS database? Or, maybe some information that must be embedded in the package? I don't know how this work.

Anyway, I have sent the suspicious installer file to the Kaspersky virus lab and they probably will be able to find any "harmful code", if any.

I'll keep you informed in case they send me an answer.

By the way, who is going to take over Windows package creation for next Zim release?

Regards,

mtibbi